Sunday, July 13, 2008

U Haul For Queen Size

Massimo Volume - Live Traffic Festival Torino 07/12/2008


I have a very special kind of devotion to the maximum volume. I discovered them when they were already loose and I have adored from the first minute, a group capable of going beyond music and words, to create a marriage between public and special group.


After six years back, Massimo Volume Traffic to play live in Turin.

A bombshell that makes me say: I do five-hour drive with a smile, if I find anyone who is with me I go alone. In Turin, we are necessarily, I can not be there.


begin at 20.00 and attack with "final Act" (one of the pieces that I love most). The emotion is great, see Mimi with the low shoulder (and bottom ...) as I had never seen (I had after some reading ... but a tool in hand is another thing) is really a show. The four are compact, but it takes a while 'before the sound settles.

normal.

They're excited, you see ... Egle not hardly ever raises his head from his six strings and remains aloof to grind, as well as Victoria behind the skins.

sussegguono pieces that are the best: "The first god," "The night of 11 October " "fatuous Fire" (I have chills and tears in his eyes, ready to scan ATTACK ON THE SKIN AND MY SKIN LIKE THE NAMES OF WOMEN ... ARMS AND THE SENTENCE THAT YOU HAVE YOU EVER OWNED ... MISSING THE PICTURE OF CONTACT BETWEEN THE HORNS AND HANDS ...).


The only piece from "Rooms" is "Ronald , Tomas and I " big impact and everyone on fire ... Often the people applaud moved to open scene, almost hanging from the lips of Mimi who thanked several times, raised his hands, sometimes inciting the crowd with the movements of his bass.

When they begin the first notes of "The Dead City " there is a long applause and the smiles on the faces of Massimo Volume become relaxed.

A follow " Seychelles '81 " he slams in his face one of their flagship products: relentless, noisy, disturbing. The other piece from "private club" is " After " and is certainly the least significant part of the whole concert. Not bad.


Mimi leaves her for a moment to lower his landing on the calm and unsettling sound of "Something life" (pure poetry and great work of the two guitars). The concert ends with " Manhattan at night and the cry of Clementi's life that greets the microphone saying," It 'was amazing .. "

Failing to answer only two pieces that I wanted to hear: "Manchuria: the last John Ford" and "Warning." For the rest, all the best bits were given as food to the public.


For the record to follow would be playing the Afterhours and Patti Smith, but a real downpour makes me escape from the Traffic with few regrets.


What comes to mind at the end of the concert, and covered the pictures locked in my golf while the flood strikes Turin, is now should not give up.

Of Maximum Volume at this time is more necessary than ever.

of an album and a tour.


0 comments:

Post a Comment