Sunday, September 7, 2008

Laundromat On The Upper East

Offlaga Disco Pax LLDCE + Live Radio Shock Wave (BS)


Ben returned to all and sorry for the unexcused absence ... but you know ... Summer happens to have some amnesia with the blog ...

On the other hand I have saved a series of concerts, including the appointment of the Feast of Shock Wave Radio in Brescia, an event lasting two weeks (dell'antiproibizionismo banner) with a series of concerts interesting and charming.


The Offlaga I had never seen live. I placed directly under the stage, a couple of meters from the 'ideology of low intensity "Max Hill and I realize now that the ODP is a real group, concretely, that is to say that music has substance, fuck.

A little 'as the tube toblerone the foot of the microphone to evoke "Cioccolato IACP" or chocolate launched in Europe miss the first public performance of a piece.


The initial pieces are not my favorite in and out very well, so I'm looking forward to a foretaste of those that make me crazy: like "Where did I put my Golf?" I open my heart, beautiful, perfect in execution and in the balance as per album. The work of two friends behind Max is huge. Alternate guitar and bass, but also keyboards, samples, Moog.

All "premeditated" and studied in detail, but with a dedication to the feeling that practically I have never seen on stage.

"Farsightedness" I opened the 64-teeth smile, "sensitivity" makes me think that Offlaga are currently among my five favorite bands ever.

"Twenty Minutes" brings me one step away from tears, so much so that I look around to notice if anyone has noticed, in my turn, realizing that someone is in my own emotional conditions.


I go to the banquet and the only disappointment is that I can see already that I did not buy anything ... so I'm happy to buy a badge from 1 € and I regret not being able to show off a shirt. In the end I think this group is only the second disk and is so dense due to the fact that kids have breached the 30 years from a piece ... necessary condition to make a great record?


Apparently not, since Brondi Vasco (aka Le Luci Della Centrale Elettrica) had opened the concert in the company of Giorgio Canali convincingly.

disk I have already spoken (see back on this very blog) and live impressions are positive: the only thing is that Vasco is more intimate than the singer-songwriter and stage and crowd, not the great outdoors facilitate, as well as being simply "two guitars and a voice."

He is intense, plays, screaming, remember and pronounce thousands of words and they all seem perfect. Clearly, being on stage two is a mess, the engineer invents some trick effect the voice, but the trick is not always the right one.

The songs remain, and are enormous. And the live is to be reviewed, perhaps in a small club of 100 people standing.

However, two Italian companies abroad that anyone should envy.
the face of Italian groups that sing often mumbling language across the Channel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment